|Purpose of the committee
The purpose for this committee has been synthesised from the Landscape Architectural Professional Act, Act 45 of 2000 (hereafter referred to as the Act) to:
Responsibilities of the committee
- Ensure that the SACLAP has policies in place regarding Fees.
- Ensure that SACLAP uses its available funds in a responsible manner.
- Eensure that Audited Reports are provided annually to the Council as well as the Council for the Built Environment (CBE).
- Provide input into the Business Plan with regard to budgets.
- Review the tariff of fees from time to time in response to problems which arise in its practical application.
- Give advice to members of the public and the professions in connection with the application of the tariff of fees when requested.
- Update the tariff tables annually as required by the Act
The following responsibilities have been identified for this Committee:
- Establish a committee, ensuring representation by the recognized Voluntary Association(s) and potential employers within the industry, specifically public sector employers.
- Elect a chairperson, if the Council representative is not willing to chair the Committee.
- Review all current fee documents.
- Research fees generally within the Built Environment, including benchmarking internationally.
- Table findings and updated documents in this regard to SACLAP Council for review, comment and adoption prior to publication.
- Publish in the Government Gazette any new fee documents, including Tariff Scale of fees, Fee Guidelines, methods of fee calculation and their variables, fee split and annual review of hourly based rates.
Committee Chair Person is Bernice Rumble
ILASA Awards 2009
Excellence in Design, completed projects:
ILASA Awards 2009
Excellence in Design, projects under construction:
Serengeti Golf & Wildlife Estate