SACLAP only registered candidates and professionals in the Landscape Architectural discipline in the past, however. as of November 2016, SACLAP provides for the registration of candidates and professionals in the Landscape Management discipline. In simple terms, the landscape architectural discipline covers the categories of registration where landscape design is the primary focus of the individuals. Landscape management on the other hand, covers the categories of registration that focus on landscape construction and or maintenance. The categories of registration are as follows:
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION IN THE LANDSCAPE ENVIRONMENT
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL PROFESSIONALS
Minimum Academic Requirement
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS
Professional Landscape Architect
Professional Landscape Manager
Professional Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist
Professional Senior Landscape Technologist
Professional Landscape Architectural Technologist
Professional Landscape Technologist
Professional Landscape Architectural Technician
Professional Landscape Technician
CANDIDACY IN THE LANDSCAPE ENVIRONMENT
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL CANDIDATES
Minimum Academic Requirement
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT CANDIDATES
Candidate Landscape Architect
Candidate Landscape Manager
Candidate Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist
Candidate Senior Landscape Technologist
Candidate Landscape Architectural Technologist
Candidate Landscape Technologist
Candidate Landscape Architectural Technician
Candidate Landscape Technician
In order to process the registrations in an appropriate manner, the Registration Committee has two (2) sub-committees namely one for the Landscape Architectural Profession and one for the Landscape Management Profession.
Purpose of the committee
- To advise Council on mechanisms, procedures, guidelines, examinations and assessments with regards to the registration and re-grading of persons in the landscape architectural profession.
- To define the qualification and experience required for the different Categories of Registration and the assessments required for each category, as well as the assessments and procedures required for upgrading to a higher level of registration category.
- To define the assessment procedures, standards and structures for assessment of experience, practical training and prior learning etc. ,required in the assessment and registration process
- To define the points in the registration or re-grading process and to review the current examination curriculum.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate the registration of new persons that meet the criteria.
Responsibilities of the committee
- To register professionals in the Landscape Architectural and Landscape Management Profession
- To register applicants in the relevant categories
- To define the registration requirements
- To define registration procedures
- To issue registration certificates
- To cancel registrations i.e. oversee de-registrations and suspensions that are to be effected by the Registrar.
- To renew registrations in line with requirements of Continuing Professional Development and in conjunction with the Professional Practice Committee
- Recommend and oversee the registration of candidates and professionals as effected by the Registrar
- Oversee management of the Register of professionals and candidates