Purpose of the committee
The purpose of the committee is to advise and guide the profession in terms of all matters relating to Professional Practice which include:
- Development and implementation of policies relating to Professional Practice.
- Oversee any disciplinary process as and when it arises.
- To set criteria and evaluate organisations through a due diligence process for recognition as a Voluntary Association (VA).
- Determine the Continued Professional Development (CPD) criteria and evaluate individual submissions as well as accredit/validate points for specific events/programmes.
- All matters pertaining to the Identification of Work (IDoW) – this aspect is currently being reviewed in conjunction with the CBE as the Competition Commission has ruled that such a provision may be anti-competitive and against the Competition Regulations.
Responsibilities of the committee:
In terms of Professional Practice:
- Create the criteria and procedure for continued professional development
- Update the professional practice and fee protocol document
- Review the Code of Conduct
- Oversee and assist the Registrar as and when disciplinary processes are to be followed
In terms of VA s:
- Develop criteria and due dililgence process for recognition of VA s
- Facilitate the process for VA recognition