Purpose of the committee
The purpose for this committee has been synthesised from the Landscape Architectural Professional Act, Act 45 of 2000 (hereafter referred to as the Act) to:
- Ensure that the SACLAP has policies in place regarding Fees payable for services rendered by Council.
- Ensure that SACLAP uses its available funds in a responsible manner.
- Eensure that Audited Reports are provided annually to the SACLAP Council as well as the Council for the Built Environment (CBE) and the Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Establish a Strategic Plan for the period determined by the CBE/DPW and implement the associated Annual Performance Plans accordingly.
Responsibilities of the committee
- Provide input and assist the Registrar with the preparation of the Strategic Plan.
- Provide input and assist the Registrar with the preparation of annual budgets and performance plan.
- Assist the Registrar in setting up systems and procedures to demonstrate in principle compliance with good governance principles.
- Oversee financial management as implemented by the Registrar
- Update the SACLAP rates table, which sets out the costs associated with the services that SACLAP renders in the prescribed manner.